Sarah's Chocolate Mousse
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 4
Sumptious chocolate mousse to round off a dinner party
- 3 eggs, separated
- 150 g chocolate, good quality, between 35-75%
- STEP 1Melt the chocolate slowly in the microwave or in a glass bowl over a pan of boiling water.
- STEP 2Beat the egg whites until stiff.
- STEP 3Add the egg yokes to the melted chocolate and beat to a silky smooth cream.
- STEP 4Gently fold in the egg whites until a smooth airy mousse is achieved.
- STEP 5Divide mixture between 4 fluted glasses (eg white wine glasses) and refrigerate. Will keep overnight, but should be consumed within 24 hrs.