Member recipe by dianewalkermcalley
Easy soup with storecupboard ingredients which can also be done quicker in the pressure cooker
- 2 /3 apples chopped
- 1 onion
- 2/3 large carrots chopped
- 2 tblsp of oil
- 2oz plain flour
- 2.5 tblsp curry powder (I use madras)
- 3 pints of veg stock
- 2 tblsp Mango chutney
- 2oz sultanas or raisins
- pinch of sugar
- salt and pepper
- 3 tsp of lemon juice or cider or a wine vinegar (optional)
- Heat oil in pan and cook the apple, onion and carrot till soft.
- Stir in the flour and curry powder to make a paste
- Gradually stir in the stock to the paste.
- Add the Mango Chutney and Dried fruit, sugar and seasoning.
- Bring to the boil until thickened. Simmer for 45 mins until soft. Or in the pressure cooker cook for 8 mins then quickly release the pressure.
- Blend till smooth and adjust seasoning if need be.
- The amount of flour and stock can be adjusted to make a thinner or thicker soup. I make mine quite thin so its easy to drink from a cup when working over lunch.