Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Plus 1 hour refrigeration
- Serves 8
Delicious home made coleslaw
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Good pinch of pepper
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 125ml mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons buttermilk (use yoghurt as alternative)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 600g finely shredded cabbage
- 50g grated carrots
- Half a small/medium onion, finely sliced
- STEP 1Place sugar, salt, pepper, milk, mayonnaise, buttermilk, vinegar and lemon juice in a large bowl; whisk until smooth.
- STEP 2Add cabbage, carrot and onion and mix well.
- STEP 3Refridgerate before serving