- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
A light low fat dish of foil baked salmon fillets with oriental flavours. Quick to prepare.
- 2 salmon fillets
- light soy sauce
- 2 small pieces preserved ginger in syrup
- 1 teaspoon capers
- Toasted sesame oil
- Dry sherry
- Dry white wine
- Black pepper
- Fresh or dried tarragon
- Watercress leaves to serve
- STEP 1Place the salmon fillets in a tin or ovenproof dish and drizzle generously with the light soy sauce and toasted sesame oil.
- STEP 2Slice the preserved ginger thinly and place three slices on top of each fillet, then spoon a teaspoon of syrup from the jar over each.
- STEP 3Add a generous slug each of dry sherry and white wine. Sprinkle over the capers and a good grinding of black pepper. Sprinkle lightly with dried tarragon or a few fresh tarragon leaves.
- STEP 4Cover with foil and bake in the oven at 160 fan for 20 - 25 minutes depending on the thickness of the salmon fillets.
- STEP 5Garnish with fresh watercress leaves to serve.