Member recipe by dc110303
ServingsServes 1 - 2 Loaves
- 3½cups flour
- 1½ cups sugar
- 4 tsp. Baking powder
- 1 cup stout or beer
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 2 tbles. spoon melted butter or margarine
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup cherries
- 1 cup raisins, mixed peel, cherries*
- ½ tsp. ground allspice
- pinch of salt
- 1 tblsp. spoon nutmeg
- ½ tblsp. spoon cinnamon
- ½ tblsp. spoon rose water
- ½ tblsp. spoon anise extract
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together flour, salt, baking powder, spices and sugar. Mix thoroughly
- and add fruit.
- Make a well in the center of mixture and add melted butter and beaten egg.
- Mix again until like coarse bread crumbs.
- Make another well in center of mixture and add beer or stout.
- Mix the whole thoroughly and turn into well greased baking pans.
- Bake for 1¼ hours at 300° F. Makes two meatloaf pans.
- If desired, press a few whole cherries into the top of each bun.