- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- 1 hour
- Serves 12
- 1l milk
- 5-6 crusts or dry bread
- 100 g sugar (depending on preference)
- 2 tsp cinnamon or mixed spices (cinnamon, ginger, coriander, cloves, aniseed)
- 125 g raisins
- 3 eggs
- STEP 1Heat the milk on the hob.
- STEP 2Put the bread in. If the mixture seems to wet/fluid, add more bread. Keep stirring the mixture until everything is incorporated.
- STEP 3Turn off the heat.
- STEP 4Add sugar (to taste) and the spices. Mix well.
- STEP 5Add the eggs and stir them in.
- STEP 6Butter an oven tray, and cover with some flour, shaking off any excess flour that doesn't stick to the butter. Put the mixture in and put it in the oven for 1h at 160C.