Member recipe by dawnyhow
Lovely and refreshing ice-cream - great for Mexican themed dinner parties as it refreshes the palate!
- 400ml can of coconut cream
- 300ml single cream
- 250ml milk
- 1 vanilla pod
- 6 egg yolks
- 165g caster sugar
- 60g desiccated coconut
- Combine the coconut cream, cream and milk in a small saucepan. Split vanilla pod in half lengthways; scrape seeds into the pan then place pod in pan. Bring the cream mixture to a boil; strain into a large jug (heatproof), discard the vanilla pod.
- Whisk the egg yolks and sugar until just combined; gradually whisk in the hot cream mixture. Strain into a large jug.
- Return mixture to same pan; stir over a low heat, without boiling, until it is thickened slightly; stir in the coconut. Pour into a baking tin, cover and freeze until almost set.
- Chop the ice-cream roughly, beat in a large bowl with electric mixer until smooth. Pour into loaf tin, cover and then freeze until firm.