Smoky Asian prawns
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
A delicious Asian-style prawn dish. Serve on their own, with a salad, with noodles or even spaghetti.
- 1 pack of raw prawns
- Thumb sized piece of fresh galangal, grated or crushed
- Thumb sized piece of ginger, finely chopped or crushed, or 1tsp of dried ginger powder
- 2 large garlic cloves, chopped or crushed
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for cooking
- 0.5 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 lime, juiced
- 0.25 tsp salt
- Few grinding of black pepper
- STEP 1Mix together galangal, ginger, garlic, salt, pepper, olive oil, sesame oil and a teaspoon of the lime juice to form a paste.
- STEP 2Add raw prawns to the paste and coat. Leave to marinade for 15 mins.
- STEP 3Heat up some more olive oil in a small frying pan, then add the prawns, scraping out most of the mixture.
- STEP 4When cooked (prawns have become pink) tip the prawns onto a warmed plate, and return the pan to the heat. Add the juice of half a lime to the mixing bowl, swirling around to mix with any remaining paste. Tip all into the pan and cook for a minute. Pour the delicious oily juice over the top of the prawns and serve.