Chickpea, lime and coriander salad
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
A zingy salad with lots of texture
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- bunch of fresh coriander
- half a lime (zest and juice)
- 1 tbsp olive oil for cooking
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil for dressing
- 1 red chilli
- Cherry or baby plum tomatoes, halved
- Chopped garlic
- Chopped smoked almonds (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 120g quinoa (optional)
- STEP 1Drain chickpeas and dry on kitchen paper. Heat oil in a frying pan. Add cumin, coriander powders and garlic, and cook for a few seconds. Add chickpeas and stir to coat with the spices. Add salt and pepper, and lime zest and a handful of chopped coriander. Add halved cherry tomatoes and some sliced chili. Cook until chickpeas are turning a little golden.
- STEP 2Make a salad with chopped lettuce, and any other salad ingredients you fancy. Add chickpeas when cooled (but nice if still warm).
- STEP 3Make a dressing with extra virgin olive oil, lime juice, salt and pepper and chopped coriander. Drizzle over the salad, and add chopped almonds, if using.
- STEP 4OPTIONAL Prepare quinoa as per instructions on the packet. Att to the salad and gently combine.