- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 6 scones
- 170g Self Raising flour
- 30g Margarine
- 85g Chedder Cheese plus extra for topping
- Salt, pepper and 1 teaspoon English mustard powder
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- STEP 1Heat oven to 220c/fan 200c/gas 7. Place the flour in a large bowl, then rub in the butter. Add the cheese and seasoning. I find a strong cheddar works best, but will work equally as well with a medium strength.
- STEP 2Mix in the milk and beaten egg.
- STEP 3Roll out mixture to approx 1.5 cm and cut into triangles. Place on a backing tray and brush tops with milk and sprinkle over the remaining cheese.
- STEP 4Bake in oven for 15 mins.