Creamy Brown Buttermilk Rusks
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Drying depends on climatic conditions,good to do other things as aniseed aroma fills house
- Makes Biscuits
- 3 Cups Full Grain Flower.
- 3 Cups Flour
- 3Tables spoons Baking powder.
- 3/4 Cup Treacle / Brown Sugar.
- 3/4 White Cane Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 500 ml Cultured Butter Milk.
- 250 g Butter
- 2 Table spoons Aniseed
- STEP 1Oven set 180 degrees Celsius.
- STEP 2Melt butter & Mix Cultured milk.
- STEP 3Mix dry ingredients with wooden spoon.
- STEP 4Mix the wet ingredients into dry ingredients, mix with wooden spoon.
- STEP 5Press out in baking dish. Bake 45 minutes
- STEP 6Let cool then slice as desired.
- STEP 7Dry in oven approximately 80 degrees celsisus.
- STEP 8Cheching every 2 hours, drying varies greatly with climatic conditions ( This One has been baked every where).