Olive Brown Soda Bread
Member recipe by crowebar2
ServingsServes 1 - 1 Loave
- 400g Wholemeal Flour
- 50g Self-raising Flour
- A handful of sunflower and pumpkin seeds
- 1tsp Baking Soda
- 1tsp Salt
- 1 Egg
- 100g Black Olives
- 350ml Buttermilk
- A pinch of dried rosemary
- Preheat fan oven to 230 C. Place all the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add the egg and milk to the bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Chop up the olives and add to the dough and mix through.
- Line a 1 pound tin with parchment paper and add the mixture. The dough will be very wet and fill the tin easily.
- Score the length of the dough with a knife to help even cooking.
- Cook at 230 C for 10 minutes then reduce the temperature to 190 C and cook for a further 55 minutes.
- Allow to cool, covered, on a wire rack.