Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Olive Brown Soda Bread
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Makes Loave
A twist on brown Irish soda bread
- 400g Wholemeal Flour
- 50g Self-raising Flour
- A handful of sunflower and pumpkin seeds
- 1tsp Baking Soda
- 1tsp Salt
- 1 Egg
- 100g Black Olives
- 350ml Buttermilk
- A pinch of dried rosemary
- STEP 1Preheat fan oven to 230 C.
- STEP 2Place all the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- STEP 3Add the egg and milk to the bowl and mix thoroughly.
- STEP 4Chop up the olives and add to the dough and mix through.
- STEP 5Line a 1 pound tin with parchment paper and add the mixture. The dough will be very wet and fill the tin easily.
- STEP 6Score the length of the dough with a knife to help even cooking.
- STEP 7Cook at 230 C for 10 minutes then reduce the temperature to 190 C and cook for a further 55 minutes.
- STEP 8Allow to cool, covered, on a wire rack.