- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 6
Oh, this is so good! I have used this for the stuffing of chile rellenos, filling for enchiladas (great with green or red sauces), rolled up in warmed tortillas for a snack, or in a sandwich. This recipe is very versatile and delicious... and healthy! It is a MUST try!!
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 1/2 cup onion, minced (packed)
- 1/2 red or green bell pepper, minced (packed)
- 1 tsp. garlic, pressed
- 4 oz. tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3/4 tsp. No Chicken 'Better Than Bouillon'
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. Kosher salt
- 1 lb. Monterey jack cheese, shredded
- STEP 1Heat oil in a medium saucepan over med-hi heat. Stir in quinoa, onion, bell pepper & garlic. Cook and stir about 3 min. or until onion is tender.
- STEP 2Stir in tomato sauce, water, bouillon, chili powder, garlic powder, cumin and salt. Bring to a boil, stir and reduce heat to low. Cover, and simmer until liquid is absorbed, about 30 minutes.
- STEP 3Take off heat and stir in cheese.
- STEP 4**Note: If you like to spice it up: just add cayenne, red chile flakes, chipotle chile flakes, jalapeno, serrano or any one of your favorite fresh or dried chiles.