Member recipe by crazycookbekah
ServingsServes 1 - 20 Pieces
- 340ml (12 fl oz) evaporated milk
- 600g (1 1/3 lb) caster sugar
- 30g (1 oz) butter
- 275g (10 oz) fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Butter a 23x23cm (9x9 in) dish.
- Combine milk, sugar and butter in a large saucepan over medium heat; boil. Stir in strawberries and lemon juice. Heat, stirring constantly, to between 235 and 240 C, or until a small amount of the mixture dropped into cold water forms a soft ball that flattens when removed from the water and placed on a flat surface.
- Remove from heat and quickly spread in prepared dish. Let cool before cutting and serving.