Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Chocolate Caramel Marshmallows
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Setting time.
- More effort
- Makes Pieces
A sophisticated twist on marshmallows on a stick. Coated in white chocolate and caramel.
- A bag of marshmallows
- White Chocolate
- Lolly sticks
- 1 lb caster/superfine sugar
- 140ml water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- pinch of cream of tartar
- STEP 1Put 4 marshmallows onto a lolly stick.
- STEP 2Make the caramel:
- STEP 3Bring the sugar and water to the boil in a heavy based saucepan.
- STEP 4- Add the butter and cream of tartar and mix well.
- STEP 5- Boil to 143oC/290oF or until a drop cracks when dropped into cold water.
- STEP 6Brush the marshmallows with the caramel using a silicone brush. Leave to set. (putting them in a stand will prevent them sticking to surfaces)
- STEP 7Melt the white chocolate. Using a spoon pour the white chocolate over the marshmallows until the are completely coated. Roll in sprinkles if you want to decorate it.
- STEP 8Leave them to set