Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Layered Oreo, Vanilla & Nutella Cheesecake
- Preparation and cooking time
- 2-3 Hours Setting Time
- A challenge
- Makes 1
An exquisite blend of 3 wonderful flavours combined together to make this show-stopping layered cheesecake
- 300g Oreos (Cream filling removed and set aside)
- 100g Melted Butter
- 200g Nutella
- 50g Hazelnuts (Toasted & Chopped) + 2 tbsp extra for decoration (Optional)
- 475g Cream Cheese
- 2 Vanilla Pods, seeds only
- 3 Egg Yolks
- 150ml Whole Milk
- 150g Caster Sugar
- 3 Gelatine Leaves
- 375g Whipped Cream
- STEP 1Firstly soak the three leaves of gelatine in three seperate bowls filled with cold water and set aside to let the leaves soften.
- STEP 2Next, to make the biscuit base for the cheesecake: Grease the bottom and sides of a 9" springform cake tine then place a circle of greaseproof paper on the base of the tin.
- STEP 3Place 300g of the Oreos in a food processor and blitz to crumbs. Set 125g of the crumbs aside for later but leave 175g in the processor and add the 50g toasted hazelnuts. Add the 100g melted butter then fold in 50g of the nutella into the biscuit mix. Spread the mixture evenly on the bottom of the cake tin and press down well. (Tip: Use a potato masher to lightly push the base down into the tin.) Place the tin in the fridge while you make the filling.
- STEP 4For the three layers of filling, seperate the remaining ingredients into three portions, like so: (Layer 1 - 125g Oreos, remaining cream from the oreos, 125g cream cheese, 1 egg yolk, 50ml milk, 50g caster sugar, 125g whipped cream) (Layer 2 - 1 vanilla pod, 250g cream cheese, 1 egg yolk, 50ml milk, 50g caster sugar, 125g whipped cream) (Layer 3 - 150g Nutella, 100g cream cheese, 1 egg yolk, 50 ml milk, 50g caster sugar, 125g whipped cream)
- STEP 5For the first layer, set a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water, making sure the bowl doesn't touch the water. In the bowl, heat the 50ml milk, 125g cream cheese, 1 egg yolk & 50g sugar. Stir to combine until fully melted. Leave to cool slightly for 5 minutes.
- STEP 6Once cooled slightly fold in the cream filling from all of the Oreos, plus the 125g of remaining Oreos. Take one of the gelatine leaves out of the water and squeeze out any excess water. Add the leaf to the cheesecake mixture and discard the water.
- STEP 7Once the gelatine has fully dissolved into the warm mixture, fold the 125g of whipped cream carefully into the mixture. Once combined pour the mixture onto the pre-prepared biscuit base and place the tin in the fridge to set. This should take about 30-35 minutes.
- STEP 8While it's setting, start making the second layer. Using the same method, heat together the milk, cream cheese, egg yolk & sugar until melted. This time add the seeds from vanilla pods instead of Oreos. Add the squeezed gelatine leaf and fold in the 125g whipped cream. Check that the cheesecake has set enough to take the weight of another layer, then pour the mixture into the tin and set in the fridge again.
- STEP 9Finally, make the third layer, using the same method, heat the milk, cream cheese, egg yolk & sugar until melted. This time add the 150g Nutella. Add the last remaining squeezed gelatine leaf and fold in the 125g whipped cream. Again check that the cheesecake has set enough and pour the mixture into the tin and set in the fridge again.
- STEP 10Once the final layer has set, the cheesecake is complete. Sprinkle the cake with a few tablespoons of chopped hazelnuts and remove from the tin to reveal the creation of wonderful layers.