Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Meatballs In Tomato Sauce
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 4
This is one of my favorites recipes, easy to make and delicious.
- - 500g mince(pork, beef or both)
- - one egg
- - 4-5 garlic cloves
- - 2 slices of bread(soak it in some milk)
- - 3-4 tbsp of tomato paste
- - beef stock cube
- - salt and pepper
- STEP 1Put the mince, crushed garlic, the egg and a pinch of salt and pepper in a bowl.
- STEP 2Squeeze all the milk out of the bread and put it with the mince. Mix everything together.
- STEP 3Then put some flour on a plate take some meat with a spoon and roll it in a bit of flour, make small balls which you can leave like that or press them with your palms until flat.
- STEP 4Fry the meatballs in a pan with a bit of oil.
- STEP 5When you finished frying all the meatballs put another pan on the heat with a bit of oil and 2 garlic cloves.
- STEP 6Remove the garlic cloves when they start to go soft, then add the tomato paste and the beef cube stock with a mug of water and half tsp of sugar.
- STEP 7Leave to simmer for 15-20 minutes, add more water if you need to. You can add a tsp of flour to thicken the sauce. Serve with mash potatoes.