Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Indonesian Hot & Sour Fish
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 3
Now you tell me how it looks. Looks extremely spicy, doesn't it? Except for the sliced red chilies (in picture for garnish only), the soup is more sour than spicy. Refreshingly tangy with a nice twist of sour green tomatoes.
- * 1 whole red bell pepper, deseeded
- * 6 cloves garlic
- * 8 pcs shallots
- (put all ingredients above in food processor)
- * 2 pcs salam leaves (bay leaves)
- * 5 pcs red chilies (optional if you do love spicy)
- * 6 cm galangal - bruised
- * 8 pcs small green tomatoes, halved
- * spring onions/leeks, cut 2 cm length
- * 1 tsp tamarind
- * 2 tbs lemon squeeze (adjust to your likings)
- * 4 cod fish fillet
- STEP 1Marinade fish in lemon squeeze + salt for 30 mnts
- STEP 2Heat 2 tbs cooking oil in pan, cook processed ingredients until fragrant
- STEP 3Add salam leaves, galangal, and tamarind. Add the fish and cook for a few minutes. Add a cup of water
- STEP 4Add green tomatoes, spring onions/leeks, chilies and lemon squeeze. Taste it - add sugar, salt & pepper (or a sprinkle of chicken granules/maggi)
- STEP 5Cook for another 10 minutes until the sauce thickens. Serve with hot steamed rice.
- STEP 6..... for more recipes check out www.cookingetcetera.com