Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Fruity Lemon n Cheese cake
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- 10 minutes cooling time
- Serves 12
Classic cake naturally flavoured with lemon and creamy cheese. Great with any natural fruit juice.
- 1 cup, butter or margarine (room temperature)
- 1-2cups, brown sugar (depending on how sweet you want it)
- 1/2 cup, creamy cheese
- 1 cup, buttermilk
- 3 cups, all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp, lemon zest
- 1/2 cup, mixed dried fruits
- STEP 1Light oven and set to 250°, grease a 10'' baking pan. Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time.
- STEP 2Add cheese and Turbo whisk. Add half of the buttermilk and lemon zest and mix for 1 minute.
- STEP 3Sieve flour, salt and baking soda together. Fold into the mixture and add the rest of the butter milk.
- STEP 4You may choose to add the dried fruits or sprinkle over the mixture after pouring it into the baking pan.
- STEP 5Bake for 45 minutes and insert a toothpick to see if it is well done. It should be if the toothpick comes out clean. Stand cake for 5 minutes then turn unto a cooling rack for another 5 minutes.