Thai Fish in Banana leaf
Member recipe by cmuell15
Fillet of white fish baked wrapped in a Banana leaf with Thai spices
- 3 fillets salmon, red snapper, cod, or other fish
- 1 pkg. banana leaves (if frozen, thaw under running water)
- COCONUT MARINADE/SAUCE:
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 thumb-size piece of ginger, sliced
- 2 tsp. ground coriander
- handful of basil and coriander leaves each
- 2 Tbsp. fish sauce
- 1/2 can good-quality coconut milk
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, snipped into slivers with scissors,
- 1 fresh red chili, sliced
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- juice of 1/2 lime
- Place all curry marinade/sauce ingredients in a food processor and blend well. Can be done ahead and kept in the fridge.
- Marinate the fish fillets in half the Marinade/Sauce for at least 15 min.
- Cut Banana leafs to size, place fish fillet into the centre of each parcels and wrap the sides around to obtain a package. Turn it seam-side down to keep sides from opening and place in glass casserole.
- Bake for 15 min at 200 degrees then check if the fish is cooked potentially leaving it in the oven a bit longer.
- To serve the fish, scoop several spoonfuls of coconut rice onto the side of the fish. Spoon some curry sauce (marinade) over the fish, then add a sprinkling of basil and/or coriander leaves. Goes well with stir fried Pak Choi.