Sun-dried tomato pesto
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 2 x 250ml small jars
A had a glut of tomatoes last Summer, so sun-dried them. This pesto is a great way of using up sun-dried tomatoes, and super good value as well.
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt + 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 pinch red chilli flakes
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- STEP 1Blend all the ingredients together in a food processor except the olive oil. Start the food processor and drizzle in the olive oil slowly while still mixing. Stop the machine, scrape down the sides, and adjust salt and pepper, according to taste.
- STEP 2Any leftover pesto can be stored in a jar with a tight fitting lid. Pesto can be refrigerated for up to one week. You can also freeze the pesto in ice cube trays, and this will keep for up to 2 months.