Spicy Sausage Casserole
- Preparation and cooking time
- More effort
- Serves 4
Wonderful warming spicy dish for winter, great use of boring sausages.
- 8 sausages
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper cut into chunks
- 1 green pepper cut into chunks
- 200g chestnut mushrooms quartered
- 2 garlics cloves, crushed or good squirt of garlic puree
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 can of cream of tomato soup
- 2 tbsp of tomato ketchup or barbecue sauce
- salt & pepper
- STEP 1Heat the oil in a large casserole dish or large lidded pan. Place the onion, peppers, garlic, mushrooms in the pan and brown for about 5 mins, then add paprika, salt and pepper and cook for another 2 mins.
- STEP 2Add the sausages, brown them for about 5 mins, then add the can of soup along with the tomato ketchup or barbecue sauce.
- STEP 3Place the lid on and reduce to a simmer, for about 25 mins. Keep checking every now and again to make sure its not too dry, if so add a little water.
- STEP 4When the sausages are cooked through, serve with either rice, bulghar wheat or cous cous.