Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Leave to overnight
- Makes 10 x 500ml bottles
A great was of making a fizzy summer drink when elderflowers are abundant.
- 2-3 elderflower heads in full bloom
- 1 lemon- zest and juice
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 5 litres cold water
- STEP 1Put elderflower heads in a large pan with the lemon zest, juice, sugar and vinegar.
- STEP 2Add the water, cover with a clean tea towel and leave for 24 hours, stirring occasionally until all the sugar has dissolved.
- STEP 3Strain the liquid through muslin or kitchen paper and pour through a funnel into strong sterilised screw top or flip top bottles. Seal immediately and store in a cook dark place for at least 2 weeks. Please note that this will become fizzy so may pop the lid off if not secure. Can be kept for up to 1 year.
- STEP 4Serve chilled.