Ginger Lemongrass BBQ Trout
Member recipe by clemmiecorlett
Barbecue trout with a ginger and lemongrass glaze. This Oriental flavoured glaze is delicious served with any barbecued fish. Salmon fillets work equally well and are super simple to make, just spoon over the cooked fish and serve.
- 4 prepared trout
- 6 tbsps bottlegreen ginger and lemongrass cordial
- 25g piece root ginger
- 1 large red chilli
- 1/2 lemon
- 2 spring onions
- Pour the bottlegreen ginger and lemongrass cordial in a pan, add 6tbsps water.
- Peel and finely slice the ginger, de-seed and cut the chilli into thin slices and add with a good squeeze of lemon juice, bring to a boil then simmer until reduced to a slightly thickened glaze.
- Barbecue or grill the fish for approx 15-20 mins, depending on size, turning half way through cooking. The fish will flake easily when cooked.
- Cut the spring onion into thin strips, add to the warm glaze and serve spooned over the fish.
- Serve with a green salad and new potatoes.