Smoked Fish/Seafood Chowder
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 5
- 3 leeks, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- knob of butter
- 3 medium potatoes, diced
- 400ml veg stock
- 400ml milk
- 400g of smoked fish, chopped into medium-sized pieces
- 250g cooked prawns
- 1 handful of parsley, chopped
- STEP 1Cook the leeks and onion in a saucepan with a large knob of butter for 5-8 mins until they have begun to soften.
- STEP 2Carefully add the milk, vegetable stock and washed potatoes. Bring to boil and then reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for about 12 minutes. The potatoes should be fully cooked by now.
- STEP 3Add the fish and prawns and cook for 3-4 minutes until the fish is cooked through. Season, add the chopped parsley and serve with a good helping of lightly toasted soda bread.