Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Simple tomato pasta
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
An Italian classic that uses up store cupboard ingredients and at the same time tasty. Quick for school nights if in a rush and also great for kids to try and cook.
- Penne pasta 300g
- 2 Tins tomatoes
- 1 Large onion, diced
- 1/2 Courgette, sliced
- 2 Peppers, sliced
- 100g Mushrooms, halved
- Seasoning (to taste)
- Handful basil leaves
- Parmesan, to serve
- STEP 1Firstly boil a large pan about half full of water and add salt to bring to boil faster then add all of the pasta, leaving pan lid off.
- STEP 2Whilst that is happening, heat some olive oil in a deep, large frying pan and add the diced onions and mushrooms. Cook for 2 mins or until both ingredients have turned slightly brown, add the rest of the veg and cook for a further 5 mins.
- STEP 3Check on your pasta every now and again and just give it a little stir with a fork. In the mean time now your veg is cooked you need to add you tomatoes. Simply add these and simmer for about 3-5 mins, stirring occasionally.
- STEP 4When your pasta is cooked (do this by getting a piece and breaking it with a fork/knife - if it is still white in the middle, it is not cooked) turn off heat and drain. When drained combine with tomato sauce and add basil and season well and taste. Serve and top with parmesan cheese.