Summer Berry Muffins
Member recipe by claire100
ServingsServes 1 - 14 Muffins
- 250g self raising flour
- 150g caster sugar
- 2 medium eggs
- 140ml buttermilk
- 125g butter melted
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 100g blueberries
- 125g raspberries - crushed slightly
- 75g icing sugar
- Preheat over to 180 degrees. Line tin with 14 muffin cases.
- Sift flour into mixing bowl and stir in caster sugar.
- Whisk eggs and buttermilk together. Pour melted butted and add lemon zest and stir well. Fold this mixture into the flour, add the berries and combine.
- Spoon mixture into muffin cases, top with a sprinkling of sugar and bake for 30minutes - until risen and golden. Remove and leave to cool for 10mins.
- Make the icing by combining all the icing sugar with enough of the lemon juice to make a smooth icing that coats the back of a spoon. Drizzle over the cooled muffins.