Chorizo & Tomato Pasta
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
Easy to make tasty pasta dish
- 150g of Chorizo
- 250g of Pasta
- 1 Tin of Chopped Tomatoes
- 2 Large Cloves of Garlic, Crushed
- 1 Medium Onion, Finely Chopped
- Dash of Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Teaspoon of Italian Herbs
- 1 Chili, or Teaspoon of Dried Chili (Optional)
- STEP 1Slice the chorizo lengthways then into thin semi circular slices. Fry this in a pan over medium heat for 10-15 minutes, until the chorizo is crispy. No oil is needed as the oil will come out of the chorizo once hot.
- STEP 2Empty the crisped chorizo out of the pan using a slotted spoon. Leave the oil in the pan
- STEP 3Fry the onions in the chorizo oil, add a dash of Worcestershire sauce. Fry for around 15 minutes, or until soft. Add the garlic and chilli (if using this) and fry for another 5 minutes.
- STEP 4Empty the tin of chopped tomatoes into the pan. Turn the heat down. Add the Italian herbs and season well with salt & pepper. Add a little extra water if the sauce looks too thick. Leave this to cook for 15 minutes with the lid on whilst the pasta is cooking.
- STEP 5Cook the pasta as instructed on the packaging. Either add to the pan and mix with the sauce. Or spoon the sauce over the top of the pasta. Serve with a Garlic Baguette.