Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 2-3 cups
Greek Yogurt Cucumber Dip
- 250g cucumber (1 medium cucumber)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill (do not substitute dried)
- 450g full-fat Greek Yogurt
- 1 ½ tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon maldon salt
- ground black pepper
- STEP 1Peel the cucumber, cut it in half, then scoop out the seeds with a spoon. Grate the cucumber, then place the shreds in a fine mesh strainer and squeeze out as much liquid as possible. Sprinkle with salt, then let stand for at least 10 minutes to drain any remaining water. Squeeze once more to drain.
- STEP 2Mince 1 clove garlic and chop 1 tablespoon fresh dill.
- STEP 3When the cucumber is ready, mix cucumber, garlic, dill, Greek yogurt, 1 ½ tablespoons white wine vinegar, 1 tablespoon olive oil, ¼ teaspoon salt, and a few grinds of fresh ground black pepper. Refrigerate for at least 1 to 2 hours so the flavors can marry. Keeps up to 1 week in the refrigerator.
- STEP 4To serve, drizzle with olive oil; if desired, garnish with olives and a sprig of dill. Serve with pita, crackers, or vegetables.