Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Cooling the syrup - 2 hours at least
- More effort
- Makes +-30
Enough said, trust me, no regrets :)
- 4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- pinch of salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- STEP 1Mix dry ingredients and rub in the butter.
- STEP 2Add beaten eggs and knead to a smooth dough. Add milk if necessary.
- STEP 3Roll out, and cut into strips and plait.
- STEP 4Fry in hot oil until golden brown. Drain and dip into ice-cold syrup.
- STEP 5Syrup: boil sugar and water, and place in fridge until ice-cold. Tip: divid into 2 portions, in order to always have cold syrup at hand.