Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- 1 hour resting
- Makes 30 mini or 14 large
The combination of chocolate and coffee makes for the perfect teatime treat in these mocha madeleines
- 85g plain flour
- 15g cocoa powder
- 2tsp honey
- 80g caster sugar
- 15g demerara sugar
- 1.5 tbsp coffee granules
- 100g butter
- 2 eggs separated
- 25g white chocolate
- STEP 1Heat the oven to 180 Degrees C fan and butter a Madeline tin with a little melted butter. Heat the butter on a medium heat until frothy, smells nutts and has coloured. Leave to cool.
- STEP 2Sift the flour and cocoa and mix in the yolks, honey, sugar and coffee and the cooled butter. Whisk the egg whites until stiff peaks and fold into the mix.
- STEP 3Spoon into the tin filling it halfway into each mould and rest in the fridge for an hour. Bake for 7 mins for a mini tin and 10-12 mins for a larger tin. Leave to cool.
- STEP 4Melt the white chocolate in the microwave, mixing halfway through so that it doesn't burn. Drizzle over the bottom half of the madeleines.