Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Makes Brownies
Chocoholics beware - this is an Easter recipe you may find hard to resist!
- 1/4 cup Barefoot Merlot
- 4 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into pieces
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup All Purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2-teaspoon Kosher salt
For the Merlot Glaze:
- 2 tablespoons Barefoot Merlot
- 2 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- STEP 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- STEP 2In a small pot over low heat, melt the butter and chocolate together until smooth. Add the Barefoot Merlot and whisk until fully incorporated and remove the pot from the heat.
- STEP 3â¢ Add the eggs one at a time, and whisk to combine after each addition. Add the sugar and vanilla and stir to combine. Add the flour, cocoa powder and salt and stir until smooth
- STEP 4Transfer the batter into a 9x9 tin foil-lined baking pan and place it in the oven for 25 minutes and bake until done
- STEP 5While the brownies are baking, melt together the semi sweet chocolate and butter for the glaze. Once melted, whisk in the Barefoot Merlot and set aside
- STEP 6When the brownies are done, let them cool. Once cooled, drizzle the glaze over the brownies and spread it on top using an offset spatula