Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 11
These delicious and cute mice are a great gift for someone or just a sweet snack! This recipe can make five medium mice and three baby mice.
- 250g icing sugar,sifted
- 200g tin of condensed milk
- 175g desiccated coconut
- red food dye
- sweets (for the ears)
- silver cake decorating balls
- liquorice 'bootlaces'
- STEP 1Mix the icing sugar and the condensed milk together in a bowl. Mix in the coconut. Put the mixture in two bowls.
- STEP 2Add a few drops of red dye to each bowl and mix it in. Then add a few more drops to one of the bowls.
- STEP 3Dip a clean tablespoon into some water and let it drip. Then,lift out a big spoonful of the mixture. (For baby mice use a teaspoon and for a medium mouse use a dessertspoon)
- STEP 4Pat the spoonful smooth over the top. Turn the spoon over and put the shape onto a piece of plastic foodwrap.
- STEP 5Pinch a nose at the thinner end of the spoon shape. Then, add sweets for ears and silver balls for eyes.
- STEP 6Push a piece of liquorice under the shape , as the tail. Leave the mouse to harden on a plate. Make more mice.