Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 4
Scrumptious hazelnut and oat crumble, over tangy rhubarb, sweetened with the finest Steens Manuka Honey.
- 500g Rhubarb
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
2 large tablespoons of Steens Raw Manuka Honey (add more for a sweeter taste)
- 2 large tablespoons of Steens Raw Manuka Honey (add more for a sweeter taste)
- 40g cold diced butter
- 4 tablespoons wholemeal flour
- 4 tablespoons rolled oats
- 4 tablespoons roughly chopped hazelnuts
- 1 tablespoon of Steens Raw Manuka Honey
- STEP 1Place all the compote ingredients into a pot and stir.
- STEP 2Bring to the boil stirring often then immediately reduce heat to a simmer and cook until rhubarb is soft and stewed.
- STEP 3Place in a dish in preparation for the crumble.
- STEP 4Rub butter into flour and when combined add the oats and hazelnuts and continue to rub in .
- STEP 5Lastly mix in the manuka honey and dollop the crumble all over the rhubarb.
- STEP 6Bake for approx. 30 minutes or until crumble is golden in a 190 C degree oven.
- STEP 7Complete the dish with a serving of yoghurt or ice cream.