The BEST Oven Chips with Garlic and Herbs
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
Over time I've tried so many different ways to cook the best oven chips & being a Yorkshire lad I eat a lot of chips! These are nice and simple, very quick to make and pack loads of flavour. Loved by everyone!
- Potatoes (Maris Piper) 500g
- Butter - 50g
- Thyme (chopped) - 1 tbsp
- Garlic Salt - 1 tsp
- Garlic Granules - 2 tsp
- STEP 1Preheat the oven to 180c/190c gas/fan. Cut the potatoes into large chips, there is no need to peel them. Once cut place them into a large pan of water and bring to the boil for approximately 10 minutes. Remove when soft, but do not allow them to break up. While they are heating place the butter close to the hob to allow it to melt.
- STEP 2Drain the chips and place In a large mixing bowl. cover with the butter and then sprinkle the Garlic Salt, Garlic Granules and thyme all over them. I toss them several times between the pan and the bowl to cover as much as possible.
- STEP 3Place the chips evenly on a baking tray and place is the oven.
- STEP 4Tip: While cooking I also place peeled cloves of garlic on the baking tray which is a lovely compliment to the chips - Enjoy!