Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
An original family favorite developed from scratch over many years.
- Two chicken breast diced
- 70g chorizo diced
- One white onion diced
- One red pepper diced
- Tin of mixed beans in a tomato sauce
- 1/2 pint of chicken stock
- One tablespoon of paprika & chilli powder
- One teaspoon of cumin & chilli flakes
- Olive oil or butter
- 80g frozen peas
- Serve with rice
- STEP 1Soften the onion in the butter or oil for five minutes on a medium heat then make a space in the center and add the chorizo. Pour the red pepper over the top and leave, do not mix for 3 minutes so the chorizo juices can simmer.
- STEP 2Add all the spices and mix well, leave for 5 minutes on a low heat. Then add the mixed beans in their tomato sauce. We use Heinz Five Beans as they add a great flavor. Cook for 2 minutes and then add the chicken stock. Mix thoroughly and bring to the boil.
- STEP 3Reduce the temperature to medium on your main pan, add the chicken breast and peas. Cook for ten minutes stirring occasionally as it thickens. Ensure all is cooked through and enjoy.