- Preparation and cooking time
- 1 hour to chill in the fridge
- Serves 6
- 1 kg tomatoes(plus extra to serve)
- 1 small cucumber, peeled (plus extra to serve)
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and peeled(plus extra to serve)
- 1 garlic clove
- 4 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 100 ml extra virgin olive oil
- STEP 1Bring the water (in a kettle) to boil. Place tomatoes in a heatproof bowl, pour hot water to cover them. Leave for 20 seconds or until the skin splits. Drain and cool under cold running water. Peel of the skin, cut the tomatoes.
- STEP 2Put the tomatoes, peeled cucumber, peeled red pepper, garlic, sherry in a food processor or blender. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Process until smooth. Pour in olive oil and process again. If too thick add some(a little) water. Pour the soup into a bowl, cover with cling film and chill for at least 1 hour.
- STEP 3Finely chop the extra cucumber-tomato-red pepper. And serve chopped vegetables to the chilled soup. Enjoy!