Moroccan Sweet and Sour Soup
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 4
This recipe does what is says on the tin. It's sweet, it's spicy, it's sour, and it's delicious! Moroccan food is all about flavour and colour, and this gluten-free/wheat-free dish is an explosion of both.
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 carrot (diced)
- 1 red pepper (diced)
- 1 green pepper (diced)
- 8 dried apricots (chopped)
- 4 cloves of garlic (crushed and chopped)
- 2 inch piece of fresh root ginger (peeled and chopped finely)
- 400 gr can of chopped tomatoes
- 400 gr can of chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- Juice of half a lemon
- 2/3 tablespoons of chopped fresh coriander (cilantro)
- 1 pint (approx. 2 1/2 cups) of chicken stock/vegetable stock/water
- 1/4 teaspoon of dried cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon of ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon of tumeric
- 1 tablespoon of paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- Salt to taste
Olive oil for frying
- *Dairy Free
*Vegetarian/Vegan Options: Use vegetable stock
- *Vegetarian/Vegan Options: Use vegetable stock
- STEP 1Fry the onions and peppers until soft.
- STEP 2Add the other ingredients, except for the fresh coriander, and bring to the boil. Simmer for 35/45 minutes.
- STEP 3Stir in the fresh coriander and serve.