Choca Mocha Walnut Cake
Member recipe by sibelhodge
This gluten-free/wheat-free recipe incorporates three of my favourite things: chocolate, coffee, and nuts, so I had to share it with all the chocaholics out there. The batter will look a bit runny, but don't panic! That's what will give it the moist texture.
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of honey
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 2 cups of chickpea flour (gram flour)
- 1/2 cup of cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup of hazelnuts (chopped)
- 1/2 cup of walnuts (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon of gluten free baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 4 tablespoons of coffee dissolved in 1/2 cup of water
- Preheat the oven to 160C/325F/Gas Mark 3.
- Sift the flour into a bowl and add the cocoa, sugar, baking powder, and bicarbonate of soda.
- Pour in the honey, milk, oil, and coffee. Mix together until smooth and add the nuts, stirring well.
- Pour the batter into a greased cake tin and bake for 30/45 minutes until the cake is springy to the touch. To check if it's ready, insert a toothpick or skewer into the centre and pull it out. If it comes out clean, you're good to go!
- Allow the cake to cool for a few minutes before turning out from tin.