Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 4
An quick easy dish we will make you happy anyday. Enjoy!
- 5 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 kg salmon fillet, cut into cubes
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 3 cloves
- 3 star anise
- 3 cardamom pods
- 1 stalk lemongrass, roughly chopped
- 400ml coconut milk
- 2 tbsp tamarind paste
- 6 kaffir lime leaves
- 6 tbsp toasted, desiccated coconut
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- Juice of 2 limes
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- STEP 1For the spice paste, place some liquid and some dry ingredients into a food processor and pulse to form a paste. Transfer the paste to a small and set aside.
- STEP 2For the salmon, heat a heavy-based pan over a medium heat, add half the oil then brown the salmon on all sides, remove from the pan and set aside.
- STEP 3Add the remaining oil to the pan and fry the spice paste for 2-3 minutes. Add the cinnamon,cloves,star anise, cardamom and lemongrass and cook for another couple of minutes.
- STEP 4Return the salmon to the pan, mix well then add the coconut milk, tamarind paste and kaffir lime leaves and bring to a simmer.
- STEP 5Serve with a herby,green salad and rice.