Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Chunky Chilli con Carne
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 5
Chilli con carne made with diced beef rather than minced beef.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 400g diced beef (small chunks)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp mild chilli powder
- 400g can red kidney beans in water
- 400g can chopped tomatoes in tomato juice
- 3 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 tbsp cornflour or flour for thickening the sauce mixed with some water
- STEP 1Saute the onion in the olive oil with the garlic powder (about 5 mins).
- STEP 2Add the diced beef and cook for 5 mins until browned.
- STEP 3Add the cumin, mild chilli powder and liquid from the kidney beans and stir. Cook for a few mins.
- STEP 4Add the chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, red kidney beans and grated carrot and simmer covered for 20 mins. Mix the flour with some water to make a liquid and stir into the sauce. Serve with rice, jacket potato, chips or tortillas or whatever you like to eat your chilli with!