Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Plus 30 mins cooling for cake and 20mins for topping
- Serves 8
A green and pink marble cake with a delicious taste. simpleto make for all the family
- main cake
- 113g margarine
- 113g caster sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 113g self-raising flour
- a few drops green food colouring(depending on how dark you wish the colours to be)
- few drops red food colouring(as above)
- Topping-option 1
- 200g white/milk/dark chocolate
- sprinkles/chocolate flakes/sweets
colour for white chocolate if desired
- Topping-option 2
- very small amount of water
- 100-200g icing sugar
- Colouring as in cake mix if wished
- STEP 1Pre-heat the oven to 200C/180C(fan)/gas mark 6. Mix together the sugar and margarine so that they form a smooth paste.
- STEP 2Whisk the eggs. Gradually add the eggs and the flour and stir in to the margarine mix
- STEP 3split the mixture approx in half into separate bowls. add the green to one half and the red/pink to the other. Making sure you mix the colours in thouroughly so that it is all one smooth colourcolour
- STEP 4put the green mixture into a small baking tin, and smooth over to make a layer. then add the pink and smooth over to make a second layer.
- STEP 5cook in the oven for 30mins. take out of the oven and poke a knife in to the middle. if it comes out clean then leave to cool for 30mins. if not then put in for another ten or until the kife comes out clean.
- STEP 6Topping option one:
- STEP 7melt the chocolate by placing chocolate chunks in a pyrex dish and placing over a saucepan of hot/near boiling water. make sure that the pyrex dish does not touch the water. leave until the chocolate is completely melted, stirring occasionally. put the chocolate onto the cooled cake and put the sprinkles/sweets onto the chocolate. leave this to cool until the chocolate is set, or if desired eat when the chocolate is still hot.
- STEP 8Topping-option 2:
- STEP 9mix together the water and icing sugar so that it is all blended well and forms a thick, smooth paste. if still thin or watery add more icing sugar until you have it right(it will not set otherwise) put the icing onto the cooled cake and add the sprinkles/sweets, leave to set for 10-20mins.