- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- 10 minutes cooling time
- More effort
- Makes Muffins
This recipe is gorgeous, and I'm not just saying that cause its my recipe!Its texture will melt in your mouth.
- 125g Plain flour
- 70g caster sugar
- 1 1/2 Table spoons of baking powder
- 1 egg
- 150 ml milk
- 85ml vegetable oil
- 6 muffin cases (or nine bun cases)
- 2 to 3 drops of vanilla essence
- 30g raisons
- STEP 1Get all equipment and ingredients ready. Turn oven on to 200ÃÂ°C/gas mark 7
- STEP 2Put 6 muffin cases (or 9 bun cases) into the muffin/bun tin
- STEP 3Weigh the flour and sieve into the mixing bowl. Weigh the caster sugar and add to the flour.
- STEP 4Measure out the baking powder and add to the flour. Weigh out the raisins and add to the flour. Mix
- STEP 5all the dry ingredients together with a wooden spoon
- STEP 6Add 150ml milk to the measuring jug. Add 85ml vegetable oil to the milk.
- STEP 7Break egg into a separate bowl and check for freshness and remove any bits of shell. Add egg to
- STEP 8milk and add a few drops of vanilla essence. Mix it all together with a fork
- STEP 9Pour milk and egg mixture into the dry ingredients and mix together with the wooden spoon until
- STEP 10mixture is smooth and creamy with no lumps. Pour mixture back into the measuring jug.
- STEP 11Half fill each paper case with mixture, then go back and add the remaining mixture making sure
- STEP 12each case is filled to the same height.
- STEP 13Bake for approximately 20 minutes (checking after 15 minutes). Muffins should be well-risen and
- STEP 14golden in colour.