Steamed Sea Bass With ginger
Member recipe by chizylass
The delicate flesh of the sea bass in the classic Chinese steamed fish dish is aromatically flavoured with ginger, spring onion, red chilli, soy sauce and rice wine vinger.
- 8 spring onions (trimmed and finely shredded)
- 25g root ginger (peeled and cut into thin matchsticks)
- 1 red chilli (deseeded and cut in fine strips)
- 4 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 4x 200g skinless sea bass fillets
- 4 banana leaf squares
- Place the spring onions, ginger and chilli in a bowl and pour over the soy sauce and vinger.
- PLace the sea bass fillet, skinned sides up, on a board to make six small cuts into each fillet.
- place a banana lead or piece of baking parchment in the bottom of a a steamer basket and place a sea bass fillet on top. Spoon a quarter of the spring onion mixture over the fillet. Repeat with the remaining banana leaves and fillets. (If you have a large steamer you should be able to fit two leaves in the basket.
- Place the lid on the steamer and set over a saucepan of boiling water. Steam for 8-10 minutes, or until just cooked through, Keep warm and repeat with the remaining leaves and fillets, then serve immediately.