Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Perfect sweet & sour chicken
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 4
Simple, store cupboard recipe that everyone will love
FOR THE SAUCE
- 3/4 cup soft brown sugar (177ml)
- 4 Tbs tomato ketchup (59ml)
- 1/2 cup white vinegar (118ml)
- 1 Tbs soy sauce (15ml)
FOR THE CHICKEN
- 2-3 large boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into chunks
- 1 cup corn flour (or enough to coat chicken)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup sunflower oil (approx enough to shallow fry in deep frying pan)
- STEP 1First assemble sauce by whisking together all sauce ingredients. Set aside.
- STEP 2Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Heat oil in a frying pan on medium-high heat.
- STEP 3Toss half of the chicken into the corn flour and then coat with egg. Repeat until with the remainder of the chicken. In at least two batches, fry the chicken, making sure all sides are brown. Place in an oven proof dish
- STEP 4Pour sauce over chicken and turn chicken so both sides are coated. Bake for approx 45 mins, making sure to turn chicken over every 15 minutes.
- STEP 5Serve hot with rice and veggies, add pineapple or stir fry veg to your taste