Scones without self-raising flour
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 10 scones
Classic scones without the need for self-raising flour.
- 500ml Plain Flour(2 cups)
- 15ml Baking Powder
- Large Pinch of Salt
- 3 tbsp of Casting sugar
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- 15ml Vegetable oil
- 125ml milk
- 1 egg
- STEP 1Pre-heat oven to 180c and place baking tray in the oven.
- STEP 2Add flour,salt,baking powder,casting sugar into a mixing bowl.
- STEP 3Heat milk in the microwave for 30 seconds until warm but not hot.Then add egg,lemon juice and oil and beat together.
- STEP 4Add wet and dry ingredients together until it a dough consistensy.Then get a 5cm cutter and cut the scones out.Then place on the hot baking tray.
- STEP 5Cook in the oven for 15-20 minuites