Dahud basa - meatballs
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 4
This is a very easy, very delicious spicy dish with lot of ground pepper.
- 500 g ground meat (beef or pork)
- 1 big red onion cut into slices
- 1- 1,5 cup tomato puree
- lot of ground pepper
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- vegetable oil
- STEP 1Season the meat gently with salt, but add lot of ground pepper to taste (more then 1 tbsp).
- STEP 2Form walnut-size balls from the meat. It enough for around 20-24 balls.
- STEP 3Heat lot of oil in a big frying pan and fry the balls until they brown (it takes 5-8 min). Turn them round once during the frying.
- STEP 4Set aside the meatballs from the oil. Drain the oil, only remain an amount to cook the onion. Cook the onion for 4-5 min.
- STEP 5Put the balls back to the pan. Pour in water so that infesting the balls. Pour in the tomato puree, juice of lemon and mix it well. Season it and cook untill the sauce is thickened. Serve with cooked rice and fresh salad (tomato, cucumber, lettuce, spring onion mix).