Really French Toast
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- 30ml milk
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 4 croissants, split in half lengthways
- 20g butter
- STEP 1Whisk the egg, sugar, milk and ginger, then pour into a large flat dish.
- STEP 2Place the croissants cut-side down in the mixture to soak for a few minutes. Turn to soak on the other side.
- STEP 3Melt half the butter in a frying pan over a medium heat; two batches are probably required.
- STEP 4Fry the croissants until golden, then flip to cook the crusty side.
- STEP 5Serve with a drizzle of honey or a dollop of whipped cream.