- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Makes Biscuits
Delicious ginger biscuits with a bit of crunch.
- 350g self-raising flour
- 200g caster sugar
- 1 tbsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 125g butter
- 75g golden syrup
- 1 lightly beaten egg
- 1 tsp grated orange rind
- STEP 1Preheat the oven to 190°C/ 170 (fan) °C/ gas 5 and grease several baking sheets.
- STEP 2Sift together the flour, sugar, ginger and bicarbonate of soda with a pinch of salt.
- STEP 3Over a low heat, melt together the butter and syrup, then pour over the flour mixture. Add the egg and orange rind and mix thoroughly into a dough.
- STEP 4With your hands, shape the dough into around 30 individual, even-sized balls.
- STEP 5Slightly flatten each ball before placing (spaced well apart) onto the baking sheets and baking for 15-20 minutes.