Chicken and Chorizo Risotto
- Preparation and cooking time
- More effort
- Serves 4
Rich and creamy risotto which is very filling and wholly delicious.
- 1 red onion
- olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 chicken breast
- half ring of chorizo
- arborio rice (half cup per person)
- large glass white wine
- parmesan cheese
- cherry tomatoes
- balsamic vinegar
- chicken stock
- STEP 1Heat oven to 180 degrees. Put tomatoes in a dish with oil, balsamic vinegar, s+p and a few sprigs of rosemary.
- STEP 2Heat oil in pan and add in onions and garlic and some more chopped rosemary. Add in chicken pieces and chopped chorizo.
- STEP 3Simmer until chicken cooked through and juices run from chorizo. Then add rice (wash off first). Keep stirring so rice doesn't stick. Pour in the large glass of white wine.
- STEP 4Slowly add the chicken stock (250ml per person). This should take 30 mins. Add the sliced courgette half way through.
- STEP 5By this time the tomatoes should be cooked. Pour in the tomato and all the juices to the risotto. Add a handful of grated parmesan and a knob of butter and leave to rest for 5 mins before serving.